Thursday, May 18, 2006

I am not sold on inflation but a slow down in internet traffic now thats something else ...

Will we move into a slow down or recession? The data does not seem to support it nor does the data seem to support any run away inflation. However even I who have been very cynical toward the Chicken Little sky is falling types seeing inflation around ever corner have become a bit more concerned about the over all trends of inflation. I still contend that productivity will mitigate the effects of higher energy costs in most, but not all cases. Another thing that is concerning me more is the little noticed factor that there is a slow down in internet traffic reported by all the sights I monitor ,perhaps we are just hitting the summer doldrums a bit early but it may be signaling a slowdown in future economic activity.

No comments: